Wednesday, October 10, 2007

music

makin music

one of the joys of working in community this summer has been more or less nightly jams with whomever was at the faerie camp. i brought my guitar up and with a bevy of african drums we found our way into lots of interesting rhythms, jams and songs. my chops got better, i got used to singing in front of people and i let myself explore publically more than i've ever.

over the winter i'm looking forward to recording with my friend jade and other faeries. i had a fabulous dream a few weeks ago, a recurring dream for me (many of my recurring dreams have come true) in which i'm on stage, and i'm in my 60s, jamming away to an adoring audience. in this case the dream included a bunch of radical faeries along with me, and it felt just peachy bein' up there on stage. my astrological bent is to be an entertainer. i share my birthday with tom jones and prince and there are lots of other famous entertainers around my birthday, including some of my musical heroes like laurie anderson.

No comments: