Monday, April 14, 2008

tracking

candy poem

my epiphany of the day: life is like meditation. my mind constantly takes me away from my simple task: observing, staying focused, just watching. it takes me to far flung places that may or may not exist, away from the present and into the past or future. the same is true of my life. i have moments of clarity when my path is perfectly clear. then all kinds of things crowd into the picture, as if i were taking some kind of family portrait in which almost everything in my life, related or not, decides they're part of the family. the clarity dissolves and i end up spending all my time explaining what all the stuff is in the picture. so, those kernels of clarity... i say to myself, keep those at heart, keep bringing them to the front, keep tapping them on the shoulder and asking them to turn around and look me in the eye.

oh, and a candy heart poem... enjoy.

No comments: