Sunday, November 27, 2005

power

power

i spent the morning taping talk shows of powerful people at michelle and michelle's. sal, their cat, with whom i have a challenged relationship, and i got along really well even as i sat on the floor in his territory. i realized sal is a top and that i simply had to let him make all the moves. i have no problem being submissive. it can work wonders. after a couple hours i gave up on the video taping. i was looking for a short clip of karl rove but he wasn't news. i need a new scandal! i got a few clips of about everyone else in washington, including henry kissinger.

in the afternoon, i drove up to roger and danny's new place in plainfield, vermont, a house they moved into last week that they share with a nice guy named matthew. it's high up on a hill with beautiful somewhat open land all around. their bedroom is nearly all windows on two sides with views off to the distant hills. it's beautiful. it made me want to have a bedroom like that. i love waking up to morning sun shining in on me. on the drive up i listened to the witch, the lion and the wardrobe by c. s. lewis, which i'd not read since i was a kid. lately i've re-read books from my childhood and have been surprised by how they not only bring back memories, textures, smells and experiences but also by how rich these books are to me still. i find that things i read now don't make as much of an impression, that somehow the books i read when younger affected me more profoundly and continue to do so even today. they feel like keys to brighter and more intense energies within me.

roger, danny and i sat near their woodstove and shared a delicious lunch, news and experiences. roger's just come back from kripalu, the yoga center, where he assisted a teacher training and to where he'll be returning to assist further programs. danny may assist a teacher training program too. i was happy to hear that kripalu is moving toward a more spiritual focus. the spiritual aspect of yoga is, for me, the strongest part—what keeps me returning to it and what draws me to teach it.

if anyone knows of a harmonium doctor let me know. i'll pass the name off to danny who needs his harmonium fixed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Email me - ribbon@nashfae dot org. I have a lead on a harmonium doctor. Really!

Angela said...

sal almost bit Sarah's juggular off....
really.