Tuesday, October 10, 2006

slabbiness

circle dance
faeries circling the new foundation

reclining on a post
me posing on a post

the foundation is in at faerie camp destiny, a concrete slab of varying thickness protected from frost by a somewhat elaborate gravel and insulation sandwich beneath the concrete that, in theory, will keep it from heaving. this foundation marks the end of the construction season at destiny, where i've been camping for the last month. we'll be working a couple more weeks to tie up loose ends and put the place into hibernation. it's been wonderful to be in the woods. i miss it now sitting here at the computer. i hadn't realized how much my strength had abated, even with yoga, until this last month. i love the feeling in my body after a full day's work on my feet. i feel the day's work embodied in my muscles, bones. i mentioned in a heart circle at destiny how i really don't get feelings of accomplishment from milestones like the foundation going in. i realized after i said that that i in fact do feel accomplishment but it comes in much smaller packages. i feel accomplishment after lifting a beam, making a fine cut in a post, keeping my tools sharp, little stuff. at the end of the day all those little things bring me peace. the feeling is more one of harmony than pride, that i've achieved some kind of balance.

No comments: