Thursday, July 14, 2005

gourds

gourd calling i've been drawing a card every day for the past few weeks from a tarot deck designed by my friend jai who lives at short mountain sanctuary in tennessee. i've only used a tarot deck a few times in my life, never regularly. it's been interesting to draw the cards each morning in a mini-ritual at my desk. i've noticed it brings me calm. it's interesting to see how the cards parallel my moods, feelings, swings. today i drew the 6 of swords. i don't have a book to interpret the cards so i simply look at them (they're beautiful) and there is an online guide that i use, www.learntarot.com, which tells me the 6 of swords is about feeling the blues, recovering, and travelling. i awoke this morning deep in the blues and i'll be travelling this weekend to the gardeing workshop. gardening is something i almost never do, and i feel this trip marks a change, reaching for something different, making changes, trying something new, nothing major but a simple challenge to what is, placing myself in a position where i know nothing, where i can simply take in and learn. card: 6 of swords: feeling the blues, recovery, travelling

No comments: