Sunday, July 03, 2005

serendipidy


so much happened today, and nothing happened!

i awoke in a tent on the faerie land in vermont about 10:30am. my watch alarm is broken leaving me at the whim of my natural sleep pattern. i strolled down to the kitchen, ate some quiche, strolled up to the meadow with jade and did yoga for an hour, then walked the septic mound site with peat measuring the slope there so that we can figure out how much sand we're going to need. then back to the kitchen where i met jai and dan harlow and we decided to go to dan's organic farmstand for lunch. lunch was delicious. the day was so beautiful we decided to go to rock river, a nude gay swimming hole near brattleboro. we arrived at four, the water was warm (well, relatively as someone from florida pointed out) and then i stolled the beach naked, met a nice blonde boy and had a wonderful late afternoon. we headed out at 6pm, i drove back to faerie land, dinner was just being served, a delicious and healthy veggie meal topped off with double chocolate german cake. an impromptu talent show ensued and i was handed a guitar and pressed to perform a song. since i really can't remember songs for the life of me, i concocted one about my leg hair being too hot near the fire and my orange clogs hypnotizing me, something like that. the night was warm, i lit a latern and sauntered back to my tent and put my head down on my pillow of rolled up clothes.

i'm feeling a tremendous lightness here on the faerie land, accepting myself, being myself, allowing myself to flow unchecked, uncensored. trusting myself is one of my biggest challenges. i trust my skills, but i so often do not trust my heart, which i know to be a lovely thing but which i so often fear revealing. returning home some of that lightness vanished and i drew a tarot card, the two of swords, a card about hiding, not revealing, not acknowledging situation. i must figure out how to bring lightness into my daily life.

No comments: